Monday, March 10, 2008

Update

Here's an update for people (probably just my wonderful cousins who just HAD to move away) that I haven't talked to in awhile. I miss you guys.

My current major is biology with a minor in spanish. I set on that path to go to P.A. school after my Bachelor's. This semester I am also certifying to be an EMT-Basic. I've realized I truly love this kind of work and am now extremely seriously considering switching my major to spanish and becoming a paramedic (which is only an Associate's). A bilingual paramedic would be pretty valuable don't you think?

I am president of LDSSA on campus. That is the Latter Day Saints Student Association. It is tough. The club has never really gotten its feet on the ground so I've had no foundation to build on. It doesn't help that to be a member you HAVE to also be enrolled in an Institute class. There are few members and my attempts to get things started have basically failed. I sent out an email to try and get a first meeting scheduled, and two people replied. That was a flop. Today I did phone calling to ask for help at a couple events this week, and out of the people who I talked to, one guy can help. It's a little frustrating. Hopefully I can get things going better.

I am on Institute Council. What an amazing calling! I work with four great people along with the Institute Director to plan and carry out activities for each month for the entire area. We also take turns conducting opening exercises at Institute on Thursday nights and providing treats after for about 75 people! (For around 50 dollars, mind you!) I can safely say we ROCK at figuring out good treats for a good amount of people for a good price! This calling has truly been such a great opportunity for me. I almost shudder to think what my life would be like without the friends I have made through it. God really can make more out of our lives for us than we can for ourselves.

And the answer you have been waiting for...NO, I don't have a boyfriend. Tory doesn't have to interview anyone yet like he has threatened he will. :D

1 comments:

Shellie said...

I'm so glad to hear about what you are up to Marcie! I feel so out of the loop, but Christine does her best to keep me on top of things. Your calling(s) sound amazing. I have to say, institute was the best thing for me while I was at ISU. I found some amazing frieds while I was just hanging out at the institute building. And, yes, I think a bilingual EMT would be extremly valuable! And as far as having a boyfriend, they are over-rated. Go have a good time!