Thursday, April 9, 2009

Nauvoo road trip: Part 1

Doug and I decided about 2 or 3 weeks to go to Nauvoo for spring break. Pretty spontaneous for a week long trip! My parents had already invited us to their house in Wyoming the first weekend of it because their stake was getting the Draper Utah temple dedication. So we started the fun road trip with a weekend in the beautiful Pinedale, Wyoming.


A dollar to the first person who sees what is "wrong" with this picture. J/k. See the deer in those people's backyard (right behind the porch)? Driving around town you see deer and moose running around everywhere! Crazy huh?



Fremont Lake. There were breathtaking views all over in the mountains.


Our next leg of the trip was supposed to be to Mt. Rushmore. The morning we were supposed to leave super early, my parents checked the weather for us and found out there was going to be a blizzard right over the roads we were supposed to travel. I am used to living in Idaho where when a blizzard is predicted, it never happens, so I didn't really buy into it. Doug and I were exhausted though and decided to sleep some more and check the weather again. What a blessing! A Wyoming DOT webcam that had earlier shown wet roads was now a complete white out! My dad being the awesome navigator he is, printed us off maps of how we could skip that leg of the trip and go directly to Omaha, our next stop for the Winter Quarters Temple.


This is my favorite temple now! Look how pretty the doors are. The inside is incredible.

In Omaha we also went to Carrabba's, a delicious Italian restaurant. If you ever see one, go!! We went to Cabela's (AMAZING!) and a huge mall where we saw this sweet food drive display:
Wall-E! Isn't that the sweetest thing ever?!

Continue on our trip with part 2 (the post above)!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That temple is WAY pretty! I'm excited to see the rest of your trip...I'm glad you guys had fun. I liked the tag answers also :) It's always fun to get to know more about people.

Jana said...

I didn't even notice the deer even after trying to figure out what was wrong with the picture. My kids would freak out if that was our house. They think its cool when a dog wanders by. Oh, and speaking of freaking out, Ian would probably do that about the Wall-e too.