Thursday, September 11, 2008

One of those weeks.

I give up on life this week! I feel like my brain fell out somewhere and I'm trying to crawl along without it. Here are some of the highlights of my week.

Monday I almost lit the kitchen on fire for my very first time. Out of habit I lit the front burner of the stove when I really meant to light the back one. I was doing other stuff in the kitchen thinking those popping and sizzling noises were the water coming to a boil. Then I saw smoke from the front burner. I had put a bag of vegetables partially on the front burner...the one I lit.

Wednesday I walked into a bakery and bought two loaves of bread. I paid and carefully put my change back in my wallet and walked out of the store. I was about halfway to my truck when they came out chasing me with my bread that I had left right on the counter.

Today I think beats them all. You know there's a certain time of month when a woman just NEEDS what she wants to eat... Well I was looking through my recipes and found my favorite cookie recipe that I haven't made in ages because they take forever to make. Well they sounded really good so I decided to make them. I had about half the ingredients mixed and went to grab the baking soda and the box was gone. I couldn't find it. So I grabbed a bucket to stand on and went digging around the very tip top shelf and voila there was a tiny unopened box. I made my cookies and when the first batch came out I ate one hot. Yum. Then I ate another one and it tasted a little weird so of course I had to try another. The third one actually burned my mouth, and not from temperature. Then I had a memory of putting the baking soda in and thinking that looked like a lot. I looked at my measuring spoons and sure enough, the TABLESPOON had remnants of white dust on it, INSTEAD OF THE TEASPOON. I apparently put in four tablespoons, instead of four teaspoons. ARGHGHGHGH. I tried to salvage the rest of the dough by adding more of a couple things, but when I baked it it didn't look right and when I tasted it I got so mad I threw everything away. So I was happy I had put dinner in the crock pot a few hours earlier and I knew it was going to be good, so I went to get it to serve it AND....(drumroll)....I had unplugged the crock pot to plug in the mixer for the cookies and never plugged the crock pot in. My eyes honestly filled with tears and if someone hadn't have been standing with me, I would have burst right into tears. So here I sit, waiting for my stupid dinner to rewarm in the crock pot. (And yes, I did remember to plug it back in this time.)

4 comments:

Sister Christine McCracken said...

if "someone" hadn't been there. who is "someone"? doug? hahaha Anyway I'm sorry you had one of those weeks. I feel for ya. I planned all the meals for our week camping and did the grocery shopping and packed the groceries. When we got there i realized I had no cookbook some of the wrong ingredients and had flat out left other ingredients home. I was ticked at myself obviously.... better luck next week

Marcie said...

Hahaha someone was my mom silly. If it would have been Doug I dunno if I could have held it in.

Man, that's terrible about camping. It must not have been toooo bad though, cuz you're the first to tell me about it.

Jana said...

I would have talked about Christine nearly starving us to death on our camping trip, but she was able to call Angela and get a little help, and we pieced together the rest so she is forgiven. Don't worry about losing your brain somewhere, I know how you feel. It is probably on vacation with my brain which checked out a while ago.

Tory and Elizabeth said...

I am not sure I got my brain when they put together the body package in heaven. Maybe yours went to visit mine. If it makes you feel better, I have completely forgotten to add flour to cookies before (you thought yours tasted weird, mine looked weird), and I totally sympathize with the crockpot thing, at least you realized it was unplugged before you released a string of profanities about it not working-I have also done that too. Here's to living life without a brain.